Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Melt and Pour Soap Method Using Water Soluble Paper Images!

It was just too hot today to don my CP garb (goggles, mask, gloves, long sleeves) so I made some fun melt and pour soaps!

This is the first time I've used water soluble paper. I printed my images a few days ago and sprayed them very lightly with aerosol hairspray.  I added just a very small touch of blue to the clear base (this is called "bluing" so the clear layer doesn't look so yellow) and once a thin layer of skin formed, placed the picture face down.  Once that hardened, I spritzed ever-so-lightly- with alcohol so that my layers would bond but the soluble paper wouldn't dissolve. Goats milk white soap base over that layer and voila! 

(The ripples on the surface are caused by saran wrap so my soaps don't sweat in this humidity!)

  

How FUN are these soaps - and the sky is the limit as to what you can embed! I embedded a photo printed on water soluble paper of my brother and his wife and I am planning to sneak it onto their sink this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment