Search This Blog

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Embedding Water Soluble Paper in MP Soap - FAIL!

Just a few days ago I highlighted my beautiful melt and pour soaps made with water soluble paper. Here's what can happen in just a few short days. I believe I did everything right but look at this cloudy mess! And it appears the paper has started to bleed. It's blurry!

Why did my clear soap get so cloudy? Maybe I heated it too much? I don't know. It looked perfect just a couple days ago and now this! 

I think I will try one more time, but here's what I'm going to do:

  • Wait one full week after printing my water soluble paper to use it.
  • Mix a tad more blue color into the clear base.
  • Use a much THINNER layer of clear. 

I embedded the paper in the center of the soap hoping the image would last longer, but now I see it just makes it more difficult to view the image.

I'll let you know how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. Awwh, that sucks :( I wonder if any fragrance would be the culprit to the clouding? I hope your next paper embedding experiment gives better results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the fragrance - I used BB's "Tropical Vacation". I hadn't thought of that! I will not scent the clear next time. Cross you fingers.

    ReplyDelete