Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2011

Melt & Pour Bleeding Colors - DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

When I first started soaping, I only used the melt and pour method. Being green, I began with the soap base, fragrance and colors available at my local craft store.  I was hooked. My creations were beautiful and it kept me busy throughout the winter months. 

I am waiting for material orders from Soapies and Bramble Berry, so instead of making soap today I decided to clean and organize my cabinet of inventory. 

I just threw away 20 lbs. of my melt & pour creations...yes, 20 lbs!!!  All of the colors bled together. My layers were not crisp lines. Colors blurred and turned to a brownish-yellow where they met. I am so disappointed. All that hard work down the drain. It filled 1/2 a trash bag!

So the lesson for today is be sure to use NON-BLEEDING colorants!

No comments:

Post a Comment