Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

Crumbly Cold Process Soap



I just couldn't wait another day to cut my soap. I should have. Look at how crumbly it is. It feels like wet chalk. I should have left it alone for one more day in the refrigerator.  It's still creamy-looking, and the colors are very pretty. Onto the curing rack they go for several weeks. It should harden up as it cures.



BUT...look at all that soap that broke off. It's just under 3 ounces. Nothing goes to waste here! I am going to melt it down in the microwave with a tiny bit of water and re-pour it into small sample-sized soap molds. This is called re-batching, and the finished soap product is lumpy like mashed potatoes (well, lumpy like my mashed potatoes).


 
These will be good to give out as samples, even though we lost the lovely swirl when stirring the heated soap. That was quick!

1 comment:

  1. You're rebatching looks great, I've never done a good rebatch. Think next time I'll try your microwave way ^_^

    ReplyDelete